Choose the games you want to use in your festival or in your classroom. Below are Game PDFs you can view and print. For a two hour malth festival you need 5 - 7 games. You can also google and find lots more games. All the games below have been used successfully in the class and in math festivals.
- a+b=3, addition facts (grades 1 and above)
- Behind The Wall, explaining mathematical thinking with pattern blocks.
- Blast Off rules, Blast Off game boards, number facts. (2nd grade and above)
- Factor Game rules, Factor Game Board, factoring (4th grade and above) To play on line: https://illuminations.nctm.org/activity.aspx?id=4134
Learning the factor game from two teachers
- Yahtzee rules, Yahtzee score card number sense.(3rd grade and above). Yahtzee Probability. One teacher's thoughts about using Yahtzee in the classroom; https://rakiradresources.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/roll-up-math-skills-with-yahtzee/
- Product Game, products and factors. (4th grade and above) To play on line: http://illuminations.nctm.org/activity.aspx?id=4213
Learning the product game from two teachers
- 24- game, Number sense, factoring. 2nd - Algebra
- The Game of 24 PDF of a deck of 24 cards.
- Dominoes, subitizing, addition and subtraction (K and above).
- Hurkel, Alternate Hurkel Board, graphing
- Salude, addition facts
- Addition Hangman,
- Fraction-1, adding fractions 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/12, 5/12 together to get 1. Based on Black Jack, any grade that needs practice with fast fraction sense
- More Fraction card games.
- Four more card games, Precent, fractions, algebra , probability.
- The Corner Stone for Teachers site has some good math games.
- Fraction Card games visit site
- Green Globs, a graphing game for pre-Algebra - Trig.
- Polyominoes, Part 1 lesson narrative for discovering Pentominoes , Part 2 pentominoes shapes.pdf, Part 3 Polyominoes lesson plan.pdf and Part 4 lesson plan pentominoes info.pdf, Polyominoes PPT
- The 99 Game (a mental math card game)
- Kid's Integer Card Game