Math Games In your Classroom and at your School:
In the class:
The teacher sets up the game so:
1. Play can be teacher -vs- class (PLEASE email me if you want to see lesson plans for playing math games with your class. firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Play can be students-vs- students
3. Play can be invited guests -vs- students
Math Fair Hosts can be students, teachers or parent volunteers.
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS:
1. Look at the list of math games
2. Choose the games for the fair
3. Form teams to present each game.
4. Create presentation boards for each game
5. Choose a date, time & place
6. Invite the participants
HOW TO DECIDE WHO SHOULD HOST YOUR MATH FAIR
- host a math fair for their peers,
- invite a guest class of the same grade level or a different grade level,
- set up a fair in the gym and have the entire school cycle through all day long,
- Invite the entire school community to an evening event.
A math fair designed for a lower grade level is a great way to re-engage students with their math skills.
Students can also host a fair for their families.
It is a different way to help students feel like they can be successful mathematically.
An interesting environment for teachers / students interaction.
It is a nice activity for an evening event with students and parents.
Parents hosting a math fair helps building a school community.